– Graduated from the American University in Cairo ( AUC, Egypt) in 1999 with a B.A in Economics and a Minor in Business Administration
– Took part in London Business School ( LBS, UK)’s “ Emerging Leaders Programme” in 2008.
– Took various management and technical courses in Egypt, the UK and the Netherlands.
– In 1999, joined ABCO UNITED ( Plastics and Chemicals ). A leading supplier of PE and PP plastic bottles and containers to multinational companies in Egypt.
– In 2002, co-founded ACIP ( Alexandria Company for Industrial Packages) manufacturing speciality closures ( caps), thin-wall packaging and PET preforms and bottles to cater for the growing packaging needs of multinational companies in the field of Food and Beverages as well as to target the export market in Africa and the Middle East. Since its beginnings, ACIP targeted “light Weighting” ( supplying lower weight bottles without any quality compromise, thereby saving material and energy). ACIP was the first to introduce plastic bottles in Egypt as an alternative to the Carton packaging for juice packaging,
– In 2003, co-founded ADCO ( Alexandria Detergents and Chemicals Company) producing household liquid detergents, home care and car care products. The company has leading market share in various segments in the market competing against mostly multinational competitors.
– In 2008, ABCO and ADCO were recognized by COFACE in its report : “ Egypt 500. Ranking of Egypt’s Leading Groups and Companies”
– Currently serving on the board of ABCO Group’s 3 manufacturing companies with ambitious goals to continue our market leadership.
Married and father of 3 daughters.